2. According to the passage, the difference between the sheet web and the orb web is
(A) the pattern.
(B) the size.
(C) the texture.
(D) the length of thread spun by the spiders.
3. The phrase "at random" in line 2 is closest in meaning to
4. We can infer from the passage that an arachnologist is
(A) a photographer.
(B) a medical doctor.
(C) a person who studies spiders.
(D) a person who intensely dislikes spiders.
5. The word "their" in line 14 refers to
(A) humans who build.
(B) other arachnologists.
(C) Witt and his associates.
(D) orb spinners.
6. According to the passage, web-making by spiders and human building activities are
(A) both dependent on removable scaffolding.
(B) hard to compare.
(C) simple to analyze.
(D) lengthy procedures.
7. The word "it" in line 18 refers to
(A) the web.
(B) the food source.
(C) the female spider.
(D) the mating ground.
8. We can infer that the female orb spinner is NOT
(D) easily wooed.
9. We can conclude from the passage that the purpose of webs is
(A) to initiate courtship of spiders.
(B) to engage spiders in useful activity.
(C) to provide a way for spiders to entrap food.
(D) to display artistic talents of spiders.
1. The passage supports which of the following statements?
(A) Businesses should use the least expensive form of transportation.
(B) Transportation is an important aspect of business.
(C) Rail transportation is usually better for companies because it is cheaper than air transport.
(D) Most manufacturers choose the fastest form of delivery.
2. According to the passage, all of the following would influence the type of transportation that a company might choose EXCEPT
(A) the type of goods to be shipped
(B) the expense of the shipped
(C) the time it takes for delivery
(D) the size of its warehouses
3. The author states in the passage that the total physical distribution concept
(A) is based on the capability and cost-effectiveness of a transportation system
(B) advocates the use of air freight because of its efficiency
(C) suggests trading goods for transportation services
(D) relies on using warehouses for storing goods
4. The phrase "cost tradeoffs" in line 7 means that companies
(A) sometimes engage in bartering goods
(B) may choose an expensive form of transportation if costs can be cut in another area
(C) prefer warehouses to air transportation
(D) rarely use rail transport
5. It can be inferred fm the passage that transportation is
(A) important to continued successful sales
(B) independent of other business concerns
(C) not used effectively by businesses
(D) too expensive for most mail-order industries to use
6. We can conclude from the passage that a business that deals in perishable goods would probably choose to ship by
(C) air freight
(D) any type of cheap transport
7. The word "its" in line 15 refers to which of the following?
(D) Sales fool
8. This passage would probably be assigned reading in which of the following academic courses?
(C) Mechanical engineering
Tips show your correct answers.